Heat Pump Maintenance In Cleveland, North Royalton, Beachwood, OH and Surrounding Areas
Many people think that a heat pump’s only purpose is for heating. However, it is useful for both cooling and heating. A heat pump is necessary for good ventilation and smooth airflow inside your room. Contact us today for the best Heat Pump Maintenance In Cleveland, North Royalton, Beachwood, OH, and Surrounding Areas.
A heat pump takes heat from outdoor sources and circulates it inside, whereas it is reversible and functions exactly the opposite during summers. So, whether you want warm Indoors or cool indoors, a heat pump is an all-rounder.
Like an air conditioner, a furnace system, etc., a heat pump also needs maintenance to perform its functions efficiently. Heat pump maintenance consists of DIY steps by heat pump owners and a thorough inspection by an HVAC technician.
1. Steps you can do yourself for Heat Pump Maintenance:
- Change the filter every month.
- Clean the condenser coil from time to time.
- Check if the drainage is blocked and keep it blockage free.
- Remove the weeds and grass around the outdoor unit.
- Schedule annual tune-up twice.
2. Services Provided by the Technicians for the Maintenance of the Heat Pump
- A complete inspection: The technician will do a complete inspection of the heat pump’s internal and external components. There are some faults a non-specialist cannot identify. A technician inspects minor to major details of the heat pump.
- Need for the repairs: The HVAC expert will check whether a repair is needed and provide it accordingly. Some faulty components can be easily fixed with a repair, while others need replacement.
- Inspection of the refrigerant level: The technician inspects the refrigerant level and replaces it if needed. A low refrigerant level is the root cause of weak airflow, uneven temperature, and hiked power bills.
- Sealing the duct leaks: The reason behind insufficient refrigerant can be a leaking duct. The expert will inspect the leakage and seal it to prevent further damage.
- Heat pump cleaning: Even though you clean the heat pump regularly, some stains and dirt are hard to clean. A technician has all those top-quality and expensive equipment for HVAC cleaning purposes. He will perform a thorough cleaning of the heat pump to prevent clogging.
- Fulfilling power supply need: Because of poor wiring, a heat pump does not get enough power supply to work smoothly. The technician will check the power supply-related issues and fix the electrical connection.
- Heat pump parts replacement: The expert may also replace the broken or non-working components if required. The parts that cannot be repaired get replaced during HVAC maintenance services.
When a well-reputed HVAC contractor replaces a part of the heat pump, he also provides a warranty. That’s why one should always check the experience and testimonials of the HVAC company.
Before scheduling heat pump maintenance, ensure that the HVAC contractor you choose has the experience and license. If you live in North Royalton, Ohio, or surrounding areas, you can rely on BNK Heating and Cooling.